An interview with AJ has been released on 105.9 The X with former WCW Announcer, Mark Madden. You can listen to the audio by clicking here, but read our exclusive recap below:
- AJ is asked about the reaction she’s got from the Money In The Bank & her current role in WWE and being part of a main event storyline. AJ says that her role in WWE compared to other Divas is amazing, but she would love to compete more. AJ says she didn’t realise she had the ability to act and be on the same level as the guys.
- Did Daniel Bryan ask her dad to marry her?
- AJ states that CM Punk & John Cena have been mentoring her through her current storyline, and they’ve taken her under their wing. She said they see her on the same level as them because of her love for wrestling.
- Mark Madden states that AJ is incredibly good at acting. She doesn’t see a future in it- her ultimate dream is to do what she’s doing now and she has no aspirations to go elsewhere. If asked if her crazy chick gimmick is a stretch. She responds by saying she’s having a tonne of fun not being the typical diva who always act like a lady. She likes the freedom and the fact her quirkiness is embraced. Her character’s quirks are similar to her.
- Mark asks if she’s angry of the girls who use WWE as merely a stepping stone rather than being fully passionate about being a WWE Diva. AJ says that she doesn’t blame people for using WWE as a stepping stone because they have the capacity to do other things such as hosting. She says there are very few girls in WWE who have loved the business from the beginning, but commends the girls who’s main passion isn’t wrestling for going in the ring.
- AJ says that to maintain longevity you need to show passion and be humble. She says you need to be quiet and have your ears open. She hopes to be in WWE for a very long time. Mark commends AJ for her appeal not solely being on looks and for her personality. AJ says she’s more the girl you hang out with rather than the girl whose poster is on your wall. She is grateful for the fact that her oddness has been embraced by WWE and the fans and that it’s working now. She wants to be able to be a relatable role model.
- Mark asks if it’s amazing that AJ is in a main angle going to RAW 1000. AJ says she’s grateful for all the opportunities she has been given and she’s amazed she’s been trusted with all the responsibility WWE has given her. AJ is hoping her wedding goes without a hitch despite the combustible elements.
- Mark asks if AJ is faking it if AJ says YES YES YES. She laughs and Mark says she doesn’t have to answer it. They wrap up the interview.